This story takes place 20 years after the original Knight in the Area. It follows Keiko Aizawa as she goes through life hoping to follow in her parents' footsteps in winning the World Cup.
- Main article: List of The Next Knight in the Area Characters
"My name is Keiko Aizawa. I'm the eldest of four kids. When I was a child, my parents, Kakeru and Nana, told me how they led respectively the Japan U-20 Soccer Team and Nadeshiko Japan to victory at the World Cup. Growing up on their stories and teachings, and inheriting their talents, along with my own natural talent, I took to soccer myself at a young age, and sought to follow in their footsteps. I am a Striker like my father, and I hold true to his motto: 'Have fun playing Soccer'. One day, I will hold the title of 'The Next Knight in the Area'." - Keiko Aizawa
- Main article: The Next Knight in the Area Locations
- The Confidence of a Striker
- Enoshima High Girls Soccer Team
- New Soccer & Old Soccer
- The Bet of a Game
- First Game
- Saito & Keiko
- The Recommendation
- World Stage Debut
- Japan vs Greece, 2nd Half
- Suguru's Reincarnation?
- Bad Sister?
- Training Camp, A Captain's Past
- Hiroki & Ryo
- Japan vs France, A New Friend & Couple
- I-H Qualifiers; Enoshima vs Yokohama
- Enoshima High vs Kisaragi Girls High
- Inter-High Intermission, part 1
- Inter-High Intermission, part 2
- Inter-High Intermission, part 3
- Inter-High; Enoshima vs Kamakura
- Heart Wrenching Summer Festival
- Nana's Return, Japan vs Egypt
- Inter-High Finals
- Keiko's Heart
- Torched Past; Rekindled Feelings
- A Summer Surprise
- A Little Sister's Feelings
- Day on the Town
- A New Home
- New Life, New Goals
- Going Abroad, First Day in Panama
- Japan vs Panama
- Japan vs Costa Rica
- Home Again
- Aunt Mito's Omiai
- A Model?
- School Cultural Festival
- The Winter Tournament Qualifiers
- The Price of Ignorance
- Hospital Life
- Two Old Friends
- New Year's
- Birthdays, Valentines &... a Wedding?
- 3rd Year's Graduations
- New 1st Years
- Tsujido 1st Years vs. Enoshima 1st Years
- Never Say Die
Innocence: 2nd verse
♫ I'll listen to my heart whenever I'm in doubt ♫
♫ since it's never skipped a beat. ♫
♫ While searching for our dreams, ♫
♫ I'll never miss a step because you're guiding my feet. ♫
♫ Tonight the light that's shining in the night sky, ♫
♫ fills me with pain because I know I can't fly, ♫
♫ but even so I'm still yearning from the depths of my heart. ♫
♫ The world that was so dark around me ♫
♫ has been transformed by pure blinding light. ♫
♫ Always and forever shining on me! ♫
♫ You need a dreamers heart in order to find the sky that's waiting for you. ♫
♫ And when the doubt inside is fading away, ♫
♫ The sky will open for you.... ♫
- "Human Love" (Chapter 25). Written by Steve Smith, Paul Harris and Ben Harris. Performed by Dirty Vegas. From Goal! The Dream Begins.
- "Face" (Chapter 32). Written by Hidaka Tooru and Shinobu Watanabe. From BECK, translated into Spanish.
- "Looking Through Your Eyes" (Chapter 36). Written by Carole Bayer Sager and David Foster. Performed by Bryan White and Andrea Corr. From Quest for Camelot.
- "Overfly" (Chapter 42). Written by Saku. English version performed by Amanda Lee. From Sword Art Online.
- "Kimigayo" (Chapter 47). Written by an unknown poet (Heian period), Yoshiisa Oku, Akimori Hayashi and Franz Eckert (music). National Anthem of Japan.
- "Father and Daughter" (Chapter 50). Written and performed by Paul Simon.
- This is purely a work of fan-made fiction. Any resemblance to real people, organizations, or other works of fiction (e.g. character names), other than from the Canon Area no Kishi, unless purposely named, are purely coincidental.
- Chapter 1 takes place in late-Autumn 2031, while the rest of the story takes place in 2032-33.
- Though the text is in English, to the characters of the story almost everyone is speaking in Japanese
- Quotes when someone is speaking in English will be in bold.
- Quotes when someone is speaking in a language, other than English or Japanese, will be in one of these two formats: